cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to create multiple apps from same workspace

Hi I have multiple reports published into workspace and I would like to give specific user access to specific reports. I found one solution where power BI apps can help do this, but I am unable to create multiple access. Request help on how to give user access.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to create multiple apps from same workspace

Hi @MonicaDevaraju,

unfortunately it's not possible to create multiple Apps from one workspace.

You can restrict access to certain reports via the App. But for multiple access paths (user A can see report A, user B > report B, etc), you would need multiple workspaces.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @nickyvv , Thank you for your reply. Could you please direct me as to how I can restrict user access to reports within my app. For example, my app has report-1 and report-2. I would like user-1 to view only report-1, user-2 to view only report-2 and user-3 to view both reports.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MonicaDevaraju,

as I said this is not possible with only one workspace.
You'll have to create 3 workspaces for this. Or create 2 workspaces and give user 3 access to the workspace to view all the reports for example. That depends on your needs.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @nickyvv  - Unfortunately, this isn't an option for me as I have a single premium workspace. I have published all my reports to this workspace. If I share the reports with the respective users, will this work? (Assuming my users have free license).

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MonicaDevaraju, If you have Premium then you definitely need an App for free users. But I'm sorry to say, you need 3 workspaces to share different reports to different users.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @nickyvv 

do you know if this functionality is coming soon ? I'm new in the community. Is there anywhere a way to see the next release ?

Thx

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I don't expect this to come very soon. You can check the roadmap here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2020wave1/business-intelligence/planned...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Top Solution Authors