Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dave1972
Helper I
Helper I

How to create different automated PDFs from single report

Hi All,

I have a PBI report in PBI service with 10 pages/tabsheets. I would like to generate from that report each day 3 different PDF reports to share with different people. Report nr 1 holds from the report tabsheet 1, 2, 3. Report nr 2 holds from the report tabsheet 1, 5, 6, 8, 10. Report nr 3 holds from the report tabsheet 1, 2, 4, 7, 8. 

I know that when you move to a PPU user the export full report under subscribe is activated vs Pro licence, but then you can only exclude hidden slide and will generate a pdf report with all 10 slides (full report).... 

How can this be done from single report....?

1) Should you be on Premium per User licence or can this be realized with Pro licence also?

2) Should 3 receipants all have a PBI licence and if so what sort of licence or can you also email to people in company that do not have access to PBI...?
3) Or should I from that single report create 3 different reports that hold the only specific tabsheets per report as listed above and generate pdf under subscribe with full report option?

Thanks for advice....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dave1972 ,

According to your description, I'm not clear what "under subscribe" means, export to PDF function is under the Export tab.

I know that when you move to a PPU user the export full report under subscribe is activated vs Pro licence

vkalyjmsft_0-1645166388239.png

Here's my test about your problem.

1. By my test, a Premium Per User licence can export to PDF, but a Pro licence can't.

2. If you want to share the PDF to users, the receipants can view the PDF with no PBI account, it just like a normal PDF, not a pbix file.

3. On the export page, there is a option "Only export current page", you can select it to only export the current page, otherwise export all pages. The specified multiple pages could not be exported.

vkalyjmsft_1-1645167382269.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dave1972
Helper I
Helper I

Thx so much kalyj. Appreciate this and understand it. Thx 

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dave1972 ,

According to your description, I'm not clear what "under subscribe" means, export to PDF function is under the Export tab.

I know that when you move to a PPU user the export full report under subscribe is activated vs Pro licence

vkalyjmsft_0-1645166388239.png

Here's my test about your problem.

1. By my test, a Premium Per User licence can export to PDF, but a Pro licence can't.

2. If you want to share the PDF to users, the receipants can view the PDF with no PBI account, it just like a normal PDF, not a pbix file.

3. On the export page, there is a option "Only export current page", you can select it to only export the current page, otherwise export all pages. The specified multiple pages could not be exported.

vkalyjmsft_1-1645167382269.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors