Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a paginated report of multi-paged subreports with Power BI?

I want to create a master report that consists of multiple 5-page reports for each sales region (say 10 regions). I am creating a parameter to filter the results based on the region. Every example I found for Power BI paginated report was based on 1-page reports. I wanted to check if it is possible to create my master reports of multi-paged subreports with Power BI paginated report.

One more piece of information to add here is that each of my subreports includes a combination of tables and graphs and the number of rows in some tables may vary for each regional report (pushing some rows to the next page). It is also required to conditionally change the font color for certain rows in the table. Please let me know if these features can be applied too.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

We will need to either have a License purchased for Power BI Embedded or have a Power BI Premium – Capacity P1, P2 or P3. 

This is used to host the paginated reports onto the Power BI Service.

You can refer the following articles.

7 Things to Know About Paginated Reports in Power BI

Paginated reports in Power BI: FAQ

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to create a master report that consists of multiple 5-page reports for each sales region (say 10 regions). I am creating a parameter to filter the results based on the region. Every example I found for Power BI paginated report was based on 1-page reports. I wanted to check if it is possible to create my master reports of multi-paged subreports with Power BI paginated report.

One more piece of information to add here is that each of my subreports includes a combination of tables and graphs and the number of rows in some tables may vary for each regional report (pushing some rows to the next page). It is also required to conditionally change the font color for certain rows in the table. Please let me know if these features can be applied too.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit, 

Thanks for your response. I'm a Tableau person and a bit new to PBI. Actually moving to PBI for all those limitations that Tableau refuses to fix.

Fascinated by the article that you kindly shared. Can you confirm that paginated report builder enables the user to "automatically" print the master report of my 10 regions for those 5-page reports that I mentionedd in my initial post one after another and add page number from 1 to 50 without the need to change the filter for each region manually?

Thanks,

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to this video for information on printing paginated reports.You can export to PDF format and print.

Please refer to this document for the tutorial of creating paginated report.

And you also can learn the detail of Report Builder in this article.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to this video for information on printing paginated reports.You can export to PDF format and print.

Please refer to this document for the tutorial of creating paginated report.

And you also can learn the detail of Report Builder in this article.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you confirm that I will be able to create paginated reports with Embedded Capacity or I need to purchase Premium Capacity?

Thanks,

Hi @Anonymous ,

We will need to either have a License purchased for Power BI Embedded or have a Power BI Premium – Capacity P1, P2 or P3. 

This is used to host the paginated reports onto the Power BI Service.

You can refer the following articles.

7 Things to Know About Paginated Reports in Power BI

Paginated reports in Power BI: FAQ

Best regards,

Hi,

I have a similar requirement. I need to create a report for each customer without setting the customer filter each time manually.

I could not find in the links provided in the solution if that is possible in paginated report or not. Would appreciate it if anyone could let me know the same.

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors