Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vadlamudibi
Helper I
Helper I

How to create Power BI Admin group?

Dear Power BI Experts,

Can you provide us how to create Power BI admin group to manage security without our organization and allow to create new workspaces with in Power bi admin portal?

Thanks in advance.

Best

Venu

1 REPLY 1
nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The way I have done this is below:

1. Have an elevated 'e' account for EVERY Admin having true PBI Global Admin or Global O365 Admin rights and that account should only have that along with an associated PBI Pro license or if you have an O365 subscription then it might be covered via that.
  2. Create a Power BI Security Group in O365 for all the elevated 'e' accounts created above
  3. Lastly, when the above two steps have been done log on to app.powerbi.com from an Admin account and click on the gear option on the top right-hand corner, navigate to 'Tenant Settings' and the topmost setting under create workspaces will have two options: The Entire Org or Specific se3curity groups, click on the second one and add the Security Group created in step 2 and you should be all set!

You might need assistance of your company's infra department along with O365 team.

Thank You

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors