Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

teylyn
MVP

How to control whether the visual retains its original color on dashboard

Hello, 

on the page "What's new in the Power BI Service", in the section for September 2015, it says:

• Additionally, you can control your visual colors in the dashboard. If your report is using a different theme from the dashboard theme, you can control whether the visual retains current theme, or uses the default dashboard theme to achieve consistency across visuals from various sources.

I know how to change individual colors in a report, but how do I set a dashboard theme or a report theme???? And HOW do I control "whether the visual retains current theme, or uses the default dashboard theme"? What do I click?

4 REPLIES 4
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@teylyn @Greg_Deckler Well this is partivular the case when you have your reports created in Excel Power View using their default color theme. Find the screenshot below for the report created in Excel 2013 Power View and later uploaded to Power BI Online. Let me know if I am correct or anything missing from my end, Hope this helps 🙂

retain_theme.png

Thanks @ashishrj, I would have never found that as I have been weening myself off of Excel in favor of Desktop. Thanks for solving the mystery!!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler Good Job you are doing in this community. Appreciate! Even I am moving away from Power BI for O365 to the all new Power BI @ Way to Go !

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Wow, that's a great question, I can't find it anywhere. I was thinking "..." | Tile details in the dashboard, nothing. Looked at Dashboard settings, looked at reports, visualization "..." and the pinning dialog. No idea, but highly interested in the answer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors