Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xmark
Helper I
Helper I

How to control the publishing to organisation option

We are running an environment where we have shared access into our Azure AD via B2B Collaboration, and hence have lots of other (outside) users within our directory.

My question is, when I (or others) want to create a new workspace and publish it, what does the tick box for "Entire Organisation" (under the Access tab) do? Does that publish it to other people outside of 'my' organisation?

Other people within my client base will have access to publish apps, so I dont want to just rely on using the "Specific individuals or group" section of the page.

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I understand people who are external to your Tenant, will not be able to be added to an App Workspace.

Which means that by default they should not see everything as they are not part of your Tenant Organisation

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ you can actually add Guests to an app workspace, via AD B2B Collaboration, as a provider who will be managing large numbers of Power BI users, we need to make sure we understand what each sharing option does under the hood.

Hi there,

That is interesting because I did try it on my tenant and the users did not show up.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

This whitepaper published by MS should help: https://aka.ms/powerbi-b2b-whitepaper

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors