Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jinligang
Frequent Visitor

How to connet SQL Server Analysis Services by Power BI Dataset?

Hi,

I have a Power BI dataset that connect the SQL Server Analysis Services by Power BI Gateway.

B.png
When I create a report with the dataset, 'Get Data'-->'Power Platform'-->'Power BI datasets'. I can find the dataset.
When I click the 'Create' button to connect the dataset, the error appear:

A.png

the server name ,'localhost/tab14', is the VM of Azure VNET, but I can not connect the server with my home network.

Why I must connect the Analysis Services direct instead of by the Power BI Dataset?

Thanks.

Jin Ligang

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I would recommend the way to work on this is to do it by developing on the Power BI Gateway VM.

I would also suggest to change the name from LOCALHOST to the actual server name. This will allow you to also ensure that you can connect remotely.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jinligang 

I'd like to suggest you refer the official document . Do pay attention to the limitations and considerations. Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors