Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kypaa

How to connect Xero?

How does one connect Power BI to Xero? Although the app is listed when you go to services, I have never been able to get it to work. It constantly gives me errors. First, it says my credentials are invalid, despite having just added the service moments ago with valid credentials. Then, upon refreshing, it says a limit has been exceeded.

Honestly, I am at a loss here. I can't believe this app is available with this many problems. I was able to successfully write my own web-app with pyxero to access my data. Has Microsoft just not figured this out? Or am I doing something wrong? It seems there is an abundant lack of documentation and success. I guess I get what I pay for.

4 REPLIES 4
kypaa

Well, somehow it just decided to work. I did nothing to fix it, of course, so I still have no idea what the problem was. How frustrating.

Refer this docmentation link for the future reference.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-content-pack-xero/

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @kypaa

I would suggest you understand the PowerBI basics and what difference it can make before deciding on the product. PowerBI is getting used by more than 85000 customers worldwide and it is one of the best powerful analytics tools available in the market. If you don't know how to use this, you should search community or google the documentation section. I found this video tutorial on how to connect to Xero using PBI Service.

https://vimeo.com/172037708

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

@BhaveshPatel, the video to which you linked offers nothing to assist me. I specifically mentioned errors with invalid credits, despite having just authorizing Xero and done so again. I appreciate that you took time to respond, but nothing you offer is relevant to my situation. I am aware of how it should work. The problem is, it doesn't.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors