cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nikhily-optimus
Frequent Visitor

How to configure credentials of a report using powershell cmdlets (Using DirectQuery)

I have published report on power bi service using powershell cmdlets, but after being published to see the reports i have to provide credentials manually in power bi service.

Right now I am using this API "Data-sets - Update Data-sources In Group" to configure the connections details but in this i have to manually change credentials from power bi service.

NOTE: I'am using direct query to get data for my reports

This is the error I am getting, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UKAqV12BUc-UF-Goyh2j1mC90IeY6EEo/view?usp=sharing

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to configure credentials of a report using powershell cmdlets (Using DirectQuery)

@nikhily-optimus This thread will likely help you -> https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Possible-to-update-credentials-via-REST-API/td-p/137509/p...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to configure credentials of a report using powershell cmdlets (Using DirectQuery)

Hi @nikhily-optimus 

If you've fixed the issue by your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Kudoed Authors