Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RachnaV
Helper I
Helper I

How to conditionally hide report pages

I have a board report that has around 50 pages, first three pages display summary of various Board Balanced Score Card KPIs under various sections like Main KPIs,Finance KPIs, Employee related KPIs and then one detailed page for each of the KPIs.
The requirement is to make only those detailed KPI pages visible or allowed to be printed to a PDF for which the KPI is an exception KPI.Rest all KPI detailed pages (i.e. the ones that are not an exception KPI) should be omitted from the PDF.
There is a column in the source table to flag a KPI as an exception KPI.
I have searched for any help on how to hide a page based on a column value but could not find anything that could help.
There is a similar question posted by @Lexicron - How to conditionally hide report pages? Can I use bookmarks or Javascript? Or let users edit report?
But could not understand how the solution "You can add users who need to export PDF to the workspace as members, so that they can edit the report" helped in resolving the issue.

Can anyone help in guiding how this functionality can be achieved ? Or how adding users who need to export PDF to the workspace as members so that they can edit the report, help in achieving the required functionality?

2 REPLIES 2
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RachnaV,

You may consider combining Bookmark navigator/Page navigator with hide pages, bookmarks, buttons features.

The steps are as follows.

1 Add buttons on each report page to back to the overview page

2 Create Bookmarks to record the hide and show status of each report page

3 Insert Bookmark navigator or Page navigator on the overview page so users can switch between these report page

Also, here is an sample pbix file you could refer to. You may publish to your workspace and test on it to see whether it fulfills your needs.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Hi Caiyun,

Thanks for the revert but this does not achieve the functionality that I am looking for. Actually the flag IsAnExceptionKPI would have different values for different months so a KPI may be an exception KPI for a particular month say June'22 but might not be an exception KPI in July'22. So when a user selects month as June'22 (there is a filter on the top of the page to select FiscalYearMonth combo) the detailed page for the exception KPI should become visible but for July'22 it should be hidden. How can we achieve this functionality?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors