Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change the server or ODATA-URL at the new Template App?

Hi,

I found this tutorial about the new Template Apps. It is an exciting new feature for us.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-template-apps-create

However, I'm facing a problem, and I can't find a solution yet. I successfully uploaded one report with one dataset. After that, I created a new app and installed it. The issue is that I can't change server and DB or DATA-URL at the step 'Connect your data'. I tried to use parameters but failed as well. 

The server, DB, URL fields are all grey. I can only change credentials under 'Connect your data'.

Is there any idea about how to change them?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Lewis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to change the data source when you install the new template app?

If it is, I'm afraid that we cannot do that currently. As the document has mentioned, that we could redefine the dataset parameters and data source credentials.

redefine.PNG

By my test, after installing the template app, it will allow you change the data parameter and data source credentials.

change paramter.PNG

In addition, you could have a test with my attachment pbix file. You could publish it to your template app to have a test.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to change the data source when you install the new template app?

If it is, I'm afraid that we cannot do that currently. As the document has mentioned, that we could redefine the dataset parameters and data source credentials.

redefine.PNG

By my test, after installing the template app, it will allow you change the data parameter and data source credentials.

change paramter.PNG

In addition, you could have a test with my attachment pbix file. You could publish it to your template app to have a test.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It is unfortunate that it didn't support it. Otherwise, it will solve the problem of managing multiple tenants (with different server and DB).  

Kind Regards,

Lewis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors