cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mweschenburg
Frequent Visitor

How to change the cache location for On-Premise Gateway

Does anyone know how to change the location of temporary cache files for on-premise gateway?

The C: drive on my gateway server is running out of space and I'd like to move the gateway cache files to a drive with more available space.

The gateway is writing data to C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft\MashupProvider\Cache folder

I found a post that showed how to change spooler cache folder, C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway\Spooler, by editing a config file.  Hoping for something similar, but I don't find any references in the other config files.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mweschenburg ,

Did you refer to this document:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Change-Enterprise-Gateway-Spooler-folder-location-to-differ...

You can open the configuration file through the reply in the above link, use Ctrl + F to search for keywords, and then find the following similar format to modify

<setting name="SpoolerDirectory" serializeAs="String">
<value>%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway\Spooler</value>
</setting>

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Liu.  I had viewed that post and it did move the "spooler" directory.  However, it did not move the location of another cache folder which I cited in my original post, and that other directory.  So it really only solved half the problem.

C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft\MashupProvider\Cache

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 with aka link 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors