Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sonalidhar87
Frequent Visitor

How to change custom fonts on Power BI Paginated reports for PDF extract

Hi,

I have a power BI Paginated report which has Lato font and when I extract the report from Power BI Web service it changes that font to Microsoft Sans Serif.

How can i fix this. I need the pdf to have Lato font.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @sonalidhar87 ;

In the Power BI file as well as on the website (Power BI Service) the user-defined font will only be displayed if it is installed locally.

If the PC has not installed the font, the font cannot be displayed. The same applies to the Power BI App.So, if you are using custom font you will need to install it locally.

Export reports from Power BI to PDF :

When exporting to PDF, reports using themes with custom fonts will have the custom font replaced with a default font.

https://whatthefact.bi/power-bi/using-enterprise-or-custom-fonts-in-power-bi/

so After we export, we can use JSON to change the font.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @sonalidhar87 ;

In the Power BI file as well as on the website (Power BI Service) the user-defined font will only be displayed if it is installed locally.

If the PC has not installed the font, the font cannot be displayed. The same applies to the Power BI App.So, if you are using custom font you will need to install it locally.

Export reports from Power BI to PDF :

When exporting to PDF, reports using themes with custom fonts will have the custom font replaced with a default font.

https://whatthefact.bi/power-bi/using-enterprise-or-custom-fonts-in-power-bi/

so After we export, we can use JSON to change the font.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors