Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to buy Power BI pro License with office 365 and azure ?

How to buy Power BI Pro Lience if organaization have not office 365 and azure?

How to buy Power BI Pro Lience if you have office 365 and azure?

Kindly help with this costing and pricing.

Give suggetions for buying Power BI Pro Linece. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Both ways work the same way and you can reference the documentation here. -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro

The main difference here is User vs. License. If you are going to assign a license, you have to have a user in Azure Active Directory. So in the first scenario, you are creating an Azure tenant with Active Directory when you sign up for Power BI. So if this is your company, you need to make sure that the IT admins know and or own that domain. You don't need to purchase O365 to access the admin portal to assign licenses if you have signed into the Power BI service. Once you have the users, you can assign licenses to those users in multiple ways (link above)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous Both ways work the same way and you can reference the documentation here. -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro

The main difference here is User vs. License. If you are going to assign a license, you have to have a user in Azure Active Directory. So in the first scenario, you are creating an Azure tenant with Active Directory when you sign up for Power BI. So if this is your company, you need to make sure that the IT admins know and or own that domain. You don't need to purchase O365 to access the admin portal to assign licenses if you have signed into the Power BI service. Once you have the users, you can assign licenses to those users in multiple ways (link above)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you provide some details for how to buy azure subscription plans for buying Power BI pro license? Which plan should be purchased in Azure?
We have 50 users in our company and not having office 365.

@Anonymous You need Office 365 in order to purchase the pro licenses. I am not familiar with if that requires purchase of a plan, or if there are methods to get access to admin without. But while you an assign licenses in Azure, I don't believe you can purchase licenses exclusively in Azure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors