Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jwang_QAL
Frequent Visitor

How to autofresh a PowerBI report on service linked to OneDrive folder (merge new files daily)

I have a report created in PowerBI desktop with data linked to a OneDrive folder with csv files. PBI then merge all csv files in PBI desktop query editor. There are new csv files added into the OneDrive folder each day. I can manually fresh the PowerBI desktop report to get all csv files from the OneDrive folder. I am looking for a method to autofresh or scheduled refresh data in the OneDrive folder. The existing manual seem only refresh on any changes on the existing csv files but not be able to add new csv files from OneDrive folder to PowerBI report. I also tried to link OneDrive folder to Data Gateway by ticking 'Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster, but I cannot add the OneDrive folder to the data Gateway. 

Did I miss something?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. I have voted to the idea.

re the workaournd: I am looking for a way to enable PBI report auto-refresh function to add the new csv files from OneDrive folder since last refresh so that the new data could be added onto the report. Therefore the workaround on how to connect to individual files would not meet the purpose. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jwang_QAL ,

Currently, auto refreshing doesn't support refresh folder. You can vote for this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19061959-enable-connectivity-to-a...

However, there's a workaround in the third-party blog below using Web Connector:

https://5minutebi.com/2018/04/09/power-bi-using-and-refreshing-excel-datasources-with-onedrive/

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply. I have voted to the idea.

re the workaournd: I am looking for a way to enable PBI report auto-refresh function to add the new csv files from OneDrive folder since last refresh so that the new data could be added onto the report. Therefore the workaround on how to connect to individual files would not meet the purpose. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors