Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rio
Frequent Visitor

How to auto refresh report with Sharepoint folder as source?

Hi All,

So i have this reports created in PBI desktop and published in on service and my source is Sharepoint Folder. Do i need gateway for this? because the team who manages the said sharepoint just added a file but my report did not reflect the added file even if i refreshed the report in PBI service. And i also can't schedule a refresh because it says that i have an invalid credentials which i don't know why since i'm using the same credentials as my other reports that has a successful autorefresh schedule.

So my workaround is to refresh the report in PBI desktop and republished.

BTW, I have tried to add a gateway but i keep on getting "Unable to connect" error.

Can someone help me how to refresh my report without going through PBI desktop?

If this is a solved issue, please point me to that discussion. thank you so much. 🙂

-Rio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Thank you for your reply. I just found out that i don't need to have a gateway for this. What i did was i changed the credentials i used and it worked. I can now setup the Scheduled refresh without using the gateway. I don't know what's with the previous credentials but i am just glad that the other is working. 

But i'll save this article for future reference. Thank you! 🙂

-Rio

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rio

How do you connect to the dataset with gateway?

Please have a look at this article to check if it works for you.

Configuring SharePoint/Folder refreshing using On-Premise Gateway

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Thank you for your reply. I just found out that i don't need to have a gateway for this. What i did was i changed the credentials i used and it worked. I can now setup the Scheduled refresh without using the gateway. I don't know what's with the previous credentials but i am just glad that the other is working. 

But i'll save this article for future reference. Thank you! 🙂

-Rio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors