Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

extrasiyf
Frequent Visitor

How to add a DateTime to Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics

Hello, 

How can I add a DateTime to a report in Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics to filter number of emails by DateTime. 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @extrasiyf 

If you get Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics as an app in your Power BI Service, you will find a workspace with same name as this app.

My app:

2.png

My worksapce:

1.png

You can download your report as a pbix file in your workspace and then transform your report with measure or calculated column in your Desktop. Then you need to publish the new report again into the workspace and update your app.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @extrasiyf 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @extrasiyf 

You may try to build a slicer in your report to filter the number of emails as below.

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

@v-rzhou-msft 

Thanks for response, but I want to filter my emails by Time for example to count the number of emails beetween 18AM & 24 PM, not just by Date.

Hi @extrasiyf 

Due to we couldn't build measures or calculated columns in Power BI Service, you may need to build an hour column by hour function in Power BI Desktop.

And use this column to build a slicer to count the emails between 18 & 24.

Hour = HOUR('Table'[DateTime])

1.png

Build a card visual and use count function in it.

2.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

@v-rzhou-msft 

The probleme there, there is no field DateTime, there is just Date no field for time in Usage Analytics. 

Hi @extrasiyf 

If you get Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics as an app in your Power BI Service, you will find a workspace with same name as this app.

My app:

2.png

My worksapce:

1.png

You can download your report as a pbix file in your workspace and then transform your report with measure or calculated column in your Desktop. Then you need to publish the new report again into the workspace and update your app.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @extrasiyf ,

THis link shows you how to customize the report:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/usage-analytics/customize-reports?view=o365-wor...

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors