cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaharVafi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to Zoom in /Out Map in Power BI dashboard?

Hello,

Anybody knows how can Zoom in/out Visualization map on power BI dashboard?

Thank you,

Bahar

14 REPLIES 14
Super User
Super User

Re: How to Zoom in /Out Map in Power BI dashboard?

Scroll wheel on your mouse.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Frequent Visitor

Sorry not on Power BI report. I know that we can zoom in /Out from there. But when pin that report to dashboard, could not zoom in/Out. Somehow the dashboard is static not dynamic.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@BaharVafi There is no interaction on the dashboard with the tiles. The whole purpose of the tile is to show things at a glance, if you want the interactive map, you have to click on the tile so that you are taken to the map.

To put it another way, the tile is just a snapshot of what you want a user to see. For instance, you could take your map, change it to a column chart - pin that column chart to the dashboard and the user would see the column chart. But if you change the column chart to a map, now the user will click the column chart and be taken to the map...

Tile does not equate to the report page visuals, that includes interactivity.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Frequent Visitor

Thank you  Eno1978 

nfredette1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I dont have a scroll wheel on my mouse is there another way?

Bjoern Established Member
Established Member

Ctrl + "+"

should do the trick.

Otherwise, get a magnifying glass or ask your IT to provide you a mouse wheel. It is 2015 (nearly 2016) ... ;-)

nfredette1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It's not the lack of funds or I have an ergo mouse that has a red ball in the middle (I have tried using the click buttons in combination with the track ball to no avail). Ctrl +/- changes the who page view to zoom in and it still doesnt impact the map.  I feel like there should be another way.

Moderator WillT

Normal dashboard tiles have limited interactivity, but you can pin an entire report page as a tile and zoom on that.

HTH
Will
klek Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I must be mad but there must be away to do this on a Mac Trackpad using Safari (which is supported by Power BI)? One of the most basic gesture functions an app should have.

What's even crazier, I'm not able to do this on any Bing map, be it Power BI or something else. What am I missing?