Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BaharVafi

How to Zoom in /Out Map in Power BI dashboard?

Hello,

Anybody knows how can Zoom in/out Visualization map on power BI dashboard?

Thank you,

Bahar

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Touchpads on modern laptops allow multi-touch. Try selecting the map custom vizual you've created in PowerBI and put two fingers next to each other on the touchpad small distance apart. Slide your fingers up (towards the screen) to zoom out or move them down (back towards you) to zoom in.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Scroll wheel on your mouse.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

How would you zoom out on a computer without a scroll wheel

I dont have a scroll wheel on my mouse is there another way?

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Ctrl + "+"

should do the trick.

Otherwise, get a magnifying glass or ask your IT to provide you a mouse wheel. It is 2015 (nearly 2016) ... 😉

It's not the lack of funds or I have an ergo mouse that has a red ball in the middle (I have tried using the click buttons in combination with the track ball to no avail). Ctrl +/- changes the who page view to zoom in and it still doesnt impact the map.  I feel like there should be another way.

I must be mad but there must be away to do this on a Mac Trackpad using Safari (which is supported by Power BI)? One of the most basic gesture functions an app should have.

What's even crazier, I'm not able to do this on any Bing map, be it Power BI or something else. What am I missing?

Normal dashboard tiles have limited interactivity, but you can pin an entire report page as a tile and zoom on that.

HTH
Will

Sorry not on Power BI report. I know that we can zoom in /Out from there. But when pin that report to dashboard, could not zoom in/Out. Somehow the dashboard is static not dynamic.

@BaharVafi There is no interaction on the dashboard with the tiles. The whole purpose of the tile is to show things at a glance, if you want the interactive map, you have to click on the tile so that you are taken to the map.

To put it another way, the tile is just a snapshot of what you want a user to see. For instance, you could take your map, change it to a column chart - pin that column chart to the dashboard and the user would see the column chart. But if you change the column chart to a map, now the user will click the column chart and be taken to the map...

Tile does not equate to the report page visuals, that includes interactivity.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

Technically you are right! But, if we want to show only one number in a larger font, then we have an option. But, in case we want to show table report with few rows, then we need to choose the Data Chart Grid. In that case, it fits to the screen and we cannot magnify the report to see numbers clearly.

Kindly help if there is any other way.

Regards,

Ashish Sood

THINK ZOOM tool is needed in Power BI -  Sad to see one of the BIGGEST company can't do it !

Cheers,

/// McRoman

THINK ZOOM TOOL be appropiate in Power BI - THE BIGGEST  company in ther World can't do it ???!!! 

I think Microsoft need to RE - Think about to offer this in ZOOM TOOL in Power BI , ---

Sharp UP - OR GO HARD or STAY HOME !

Cheers,

/// McRoman

Thank you  Eno1978 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors