Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIandME
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to Separate Dashboards by View Frequency for Different Levels of Staff

Hello,

Task: Our CFO asked us to split dashboards into daily, weekly, monthly, yearly

Purpose: to assign staff memebers to their respective dashboards in order to track and see if they are actually viewing them on a daily basis for those users that are assigned to the daily dashboards

Question: what would be the best way to achieve this?

That is efficient, and what the best practice is 

I was thinking RBAC but manager said no that wont work.

And if we were to create different workspaces by frequency then I would have to manage 6 different reports that are basically showing the same data but that means 6 different publishes and thats not very efficient.

I also thought about creating workspaces by staff level e.g. executive, manager but was told that is not a good idea either.

Im curious how other companies separate based on organization roles and frequency. Would love to hear how they achieve this in your organization.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

2 REPLIES 2
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PBIandME - you could try having a look at Audiences feature in Power BI Apps - Announcing Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Micros... .  But I would resolve using Row Level Security to maintain one data model and report. 

Hi @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy,
Thank you for your response, I just read the article you linked and its definetely a better way to do it. 

Thank you I will be discussing the sugessted solution with my manager  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors