Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

devenchj
Helper I
Helper I

How to Refresh Oracle Cloud Database From Power BI Service without Data Gateway

Do I need to setup data gateway to refresh oracle cloud database, really ??

I am able to connect Oracle cloud database from Power BI Desktop, However after publishing it to Power BI Service, its asking to setup Data Gateway and refresh failed?

can someone guide me with the steps. could not find any documentation about connection setting for oracle cloud databases and then data Refresh from Power BI Service.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
vinothkumar1990
Helper II
Helper II

Even i have the same problem. It is asking me to provide the gateway connection for oracle cloud db.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @devenchj

You need to first connect the data source in power bi desktop then publish to service.

Here is the reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-connect-oracle-database

Then manage a gateway for refresh.

Here is the reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-manage-oracle

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hello @Anonymous  ,  Thanks for the Response.

as I mentioned I am able to connect Oracle cloud database from Power BI Desktop. question is about connecting Power BI Service (On cloud) to connect Oracle Cloud Database. If Data Gateway if still needed to connect cloud to cloud than it will not solve purpose of moving everything into cloud. as Data Gateway still managed through On Premise server in organizations. 

I was expecting that cloud to cloud connection does not requires any gateway.

Here is whats happening with connection :

Power BI (On Cloud) --> Data Gateway (On Premise Server) --> Oralce Database (On Cloud)

I have the same question. Why should a gateway be needed to refresh the data from Oracle Database (On Cloud) to Power Bi service (On Cloud)? It makes no sense and it makes it impossible to automatize the refresh of this data when the pc in which the gateway is installed is not online.

Is there any other solution to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors