Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aandrade21
Regular Visitor

How to Multiply Two or Three Fields

Hello, I'd like to figure out how to do some very basic functionality. 

I have a CRM and have all of the field below in the screenshot in my CRM.

-Annual Volume, Piece Price and Commision Rate are all fields that I need to manually enter information into. 
-Estimated Annual sales is calculated by multiplying Annual Volume by the Piece Price. 
-Commision Revenue is calculated by multiplying Estimated Annual Sales by Commission Rate. 

Knowing all that, how can I create the table to multiply and spit out those two values that I need automated above (Estimated Annual Sales and Commision Revenue)

I basically want PowerBi to replicate the excel file table I screenshotted below. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 1.53.24 PM.png

Any help would be much appreciated! I feel like these things are strightforward but I can't find an easy solution. 

Thank you!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@aandrade21, you're able to connect to CRM with Get Data -> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. With it, the columns are imported into Power BI. 

You are also be able to create calculated columns if you would like to add/edit fields. Please check this article for the details. 

Calculated column is the way to go. You can't do that if you pull the data in via the Get Data experience as you can't modify the dataset/model. 

You would have to do as Vicky suggested and pull the data into either Power BI Desktop or Excel.

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors