Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Migrate Report from one workspace to another

Hi,

I want to migrate some of the reports from workspace to another, but having difficulty in that, Can you help me to know that how to migrate Report from one workspace to another without migrating the dataset in PBI Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the situation like yours, because I have two versions of a report, one with full feature/visual set, and another with limited features. Do this, assuming the full featured report (report+dataset) is Report A:

1. Publish Report A into Workspace A.

2. Open Report A in desktop. Go to Data Model tab; delete all the tables in the right panel. All of them

3. Still in desktop, go into Power Query (Transform Data) and remove every query from there. Apply and Close.

4. Now every visual will apear broken. Don't fret - just say Get Data > Power BI Platform > Power BI Datasets. Choose the data set that belongs to Report A. You may want to sort the list by date for convenience if you have access to too many reports.

5. You will see now that your Data Model tab disappeared, but all the visuals are working again. This is your Report B. Save it under different name and publish to Workspace B. Voila!

6. Something to note here. Power BI Datasets are only available as a source type from the main screen's Get Data button. When you open Power Query, you won't find it there, only the Data Flows.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could select Save a copy option like this:

11.25.3.1.gif

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you published with power bi desktop you can publish your report to the other workspace and remove the report in the current workspace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying back but I want to keep Reports in both the workspaces, only want to have one report in one workspace and report+dataset in other workspace and also is there a possibility to do it in power bi service itself?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the situation like yours, because I have two versions of a report, one with full feature/visual set, and another with limited features. Do this, assuming the full featured report (report+dataset) is Report A:

1. Publish Report A into Workspace A.

2. Open Report A in desktop. Go to Data Model tab; delete all the tables in the right panel. All of them

3. Still in desktop, go into Power Query (Transform Data) and remove every query from there. Apply and Close.

4. Now every visual will apear broken. Don't fret - just say Get Data > Power BI Platform > Power BI Datasets. Choose the data set that belongs to Report A. You may want to sort the list by date for convenience if you have access to too many reports.

5. You will see now that your Data Model tab disappeared, but all the visuals are working again. This is your Report B. Save it under different name and publish to Workspace B. Voila!

6. Something to note here. Power BI Datasets are only available as a source type from the main screen's Get Data button. When you open Power Query, you won't find it there, only the Data Flows.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors