Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Siva

How to Link Charts/Tables in Page 1 and Page 2 ?

Sir/Madam,

I am trying to link charts and tables in Page 1 and Page 2.

If I click on any series in any of the chart in Page 1, I want the table/chart in Page 2 to show up only for the selected series in Page 1. Could you please help me how to get this done.

Thanks,

Siva

18 REPLIES 18
Rajinikanth_BI
Regular Visitor

Is there a way to apply global actions the functionality similar to global actions of tableau.

If i click on chart 1 , chart2 of page1 then page 2 should filtered for the same selection.

Thanks in advance.

iam0kru
Frequent Visitor

Hello, can the data from page 1 and page 2 on a report be linked?  Trying to figure out what the point of a multi page report is if the data does't connect somehow.  If I have to make people select their filters again then I don;t see the use of the subsequent pages.

@iam0kru

There is now a feature for "Sync Slicers". See below screenshot for where to find it -SyncSlicers.JPG

Its under View tab. It will allow you to sync the slicers on multiple pages. So a value selected on one page will be carried forward to another page.

You can define what all slicers should be synced across pages.

Regards

Thanks you vmakhija.  This works for my purposes.

thank you so much @vmakhija

but it is working only for slicers there is any possibility for filters?

@sushmasushma

If I can understand your requirement properly, you can make use of "Report Level Filters"

ReportLevelFilter.JPG

@vmakhija thank you so much.

sushmasushma
Helper I
Helper I

Hello

I am trying to link charts and tables in Page 1 and Page 2.

If I click on any series in any of the chart in Page 1, I want the table/chart in Page 2 to show up only for the selected series in Page 1. Could you please help me how to get this done.

Thanks,

sushmasushma
Helper I
Helper I

Hello

I am trying to link charts in Page 1 and Page 2.

If I click on any series in any of the chart in Page 1, I want the chart in Page 2 to show up only for the selected series in Page 1. Could you please help me how to get this done.

Thanks

sushmasushma
Helper I
Helper I

Hello

I am trying to link charts in Page 1 and Page 2.

If I click on any series in any of the chart in Page 1, I want the chart in Page 2 to show up only for the selected series in Page 1. Could you please help me how to get this done.

Thanks

osinquinvdm
Advocate II
Advocate II

I wish PBI would offer the possibility to pass selection across pages. But for now, if the selection applies to all page what about using parameters.

Query parameters are currently only supported in power bi desktop and not in power bi service .

If at least it was available in the cloud version, the user could change the value of the parameter (and you could set up the parameter so that it displays a drop down list with all the possible values)

With the September version you now can "drill through" to other pages...

Hello

Plz tell me how drill through to other pages?

How do you accomplish this?

How do you accomplish this?

Haider121
Frequent Visitor

You could create a report level filter and when you filter on page 1 page 2 will also get that filter considering the dataset is linked or has the same filter column.

Hi Siva,

Each page is self contained, so all filters/slicers etc. that you apply will only work with that page.

So the dynamic sort of experience you are looking for isn't there currently.

Take a look here to see if it is a feature request, or add it as a feature request (I'd vote for it).

To "manually" get this sort of behavour to work (kind of). You could create a visual on page 1, pin that to your dashboard, create a visual on page 2 with the same filters/slicer and do a custom link from the dashboard visual to the URL of the 2nd page. This would sort of get you a drill down to a different visual with the same filters.

Untitled.png

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eno,

I tried this option and it works as a hyperlink but not passing the filter which I click any one of the product from the chart. As far as I know Microsoft is not yet looked in to this.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Thimma

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors