Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Disable Bing Map

Hello,

I have a field in my BI service report that has "country" in the heading.  BI automatically shows a Bing map in that field on the report instead of the name of the country (text) I would like to display.  Is there a way to disable the map feature?  Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HI @Anonymous ,

Can you please provide a link or some way for me to access the file itself?  I don't think that I can provide much more value without the file itself.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, @collinq, for pointing out that I had inadvertently selected the "map" visualization, and by selecting the slicer option, I could remove the map.  I actually believe the map visualization is a default that is based on certain words in the column title (e.g., country), because I did not purposely select it. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you create this report yourself? Is it possible that the map displayed by the tooltip?

You can refer to Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop

If yes, just cancel the tooltip of the report.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I created the report.  The tooltips are off.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the report.  The top row is labels I have created for the fields in the second row.  Thanks.

Aquisman_0-1617731495713.png

HI @Anonymous ,

What is the field that you are using for that drop down?  Can you show that?  It appears to me that you are not using a specific field that has a specific country name in it.  Could that be?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq,

The field had the default format ("ABC123").  I tried changing it to text, but it didn't make a difference.  I have done tests in which I have a country name in the field, and others when I have other data.  In the screen shot below, you can see that I happen to have numbers there.  Thanks.

Aquisman_0-1617919042740.png

HI @Anonymous ,

If you select the field in the field list, what does it show in the format part of the ribbon?

2021-04-08_17-23-08.jpg

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq,

I don't see the complete ribbon you have.  Below is what I see.  I don't have "column tools."  I am not very experienced with Power BI, so I may be looking in the wrong place.

Aquisman_0-1617921831177.png

Hey @Anonymous ,

If you select the field itself in the field list from the report page then the Column Tools will appear.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq,

Here is the ribbon I see when I select the field.  I don't see the Column Tools.  I don't see the Column Tools for any of the fields on my report, but when I add a new column to the report, the Column Tools appears.  Thanks.

Aquisman_0-1617980565418.png

HI @Anonymous ,

Can you please provide a link or some way for me to access the file itself?  I don't think that I can provide much more value without the file itself.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, @collinq, for pointing out that I had inadvertently selected the "map" visualization, and by selecting the slicer option, I could remove the map.  I actually believe the map visualization is a default that is based on certain words in the column title (e.g., country), because I did not purposely select it. 

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you post an example of this - preferrably the report? 

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors