cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jl20 Member

How to Delete Old Data Set?

Hi,

I am trying to delete an outdated data set in one of my workspaces. There are no assoicated reports, dashboards, or apps. However, when I attempt to delete, I'm getting the following message: "The dataset can't be deleted because it's included in the published app. Try again after unpublishing the app or updating the app after removing all related content."

Again, I don't have any apps!

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to Delete Old Data Set?

Hi @jl20,

If a dataset is part of one or more organization content packs, the only way to delete it is to remove it from the content packs where it's being used, wait for it to be processed, and then try deleting it again. Do you have some content packs related to this dataset? Click the gear on the top right and view content pack.

Is this dataset stored in your own workspace or App WorkSpace (group)? If it is in app workspace, will it be a group member publish app based on this dataset?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nickmee New Member

This isnt resolved. He said he has no applications and I have the same issue. No applications, no content packs, but I cant delete the dataset and I get the same message.

apelkhaz Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue. By clicking on "Manage Permissions," I can see where the dataset is in use, and for the datasets I'm attempting to delete, there is no related content. 

Highlighted
SandyBL Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Was having the same issue but figured it out.  

1. Goto the workspace (also referred to the app)
  2. On top right click on eclipses (...)
  3. Select "Unpublish App"
  4. Now go to your dataset and delete and confirm
  5. Click on the workspace eclipses again
  6. Select Edit Workspace
  7. Publish app again
jl20 Member

That worked, thanks!