Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnilKumar
Helper II
Helper II

How to Change the Dataset Owner

Hi All,Mail Refresh.png

We are using a Power BI Pro account where the Dataset Owner mail id is configured in the past. Now we want to change the owner mailid for the datsets.

Regards,

Vishnu Priya.K,

DT.

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnilKumar

When you go to Dataset Settings page, you can find the dataset owner. 

q2.PNG

To change dataset owner, you can let the app workspace member which has edit permission, go to the Dataset Settings page, then click on Take Over button to take the ownership like below. 

q3.PNG

Also you can call Datasets - Take Over In Group API to achieve it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for Your reply. I figured the dataset configured by in the dataset settings. But I didn't find the option to change the owner. I'm sharing the snapshot also. Am i need to enable any settings to make visible of the owner changing option?

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya.Dataset Owner.png

Hi @AnilKumar

Do you configure the dataset settings before? If it is, you are the owner of this dataset and the Take Over button is not available. 

If you want to transfer the dataset ownership to other users, you need to add this user as a member of this app workspace and grant him/her edit permission for workspace content, let the user accesses Power BI service and find the same workspace,  go to Dataset Settings, the Take Over button should be available. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors