Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Automate user metrics

Is it possible to automate usage metrics dashboard in powerbi?

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since your requirement is about Power BI Service, I have moved your post from Report Server forum to Service forum, in order to help you get faster and more efficient responses.

In addition, for your requirements, please check if this blog could meet your requirements:

How to view the frequency of user usage for all wo... - Microsoft Power BI Community.

It shows how to get the frequency of user usage for all workspaces over a period of time for analysis.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lbendlin,

I want to automate usage metrics for my workspace, I can able to see the usage report generated in powerBI server Is it possible to automate that!!!

Please be aware that the data in these usage reports is ephemeral. 

Monitor usage metrics in the new workspace experience (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

There is currently no way to query that dataset via XMLA or similar, or to automate it in a meaningful way.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you specifically asking how to do that in Report Server?  There are dedicated views in the SQL Server database for that.

If, however, you are referring to the Power BI service then please clarify if you mean the workspace specific usage reports or the tenant wide usage reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors