Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashok_yadav
Helper I
Helper I

How much delay is there to show the latest data after refresh on Power BI service

Hi Friends, I am facing an issue with one of my report on Power BI service. I refreshed the data on desktop and published the report on Power BI service however it took some time to reflect new data on service. Can you anyone help me understand if there is any latency there at all on service and any other scenarios related to this type of event.
7 REPLIES 7
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @ashok_yadav,

Usually the data is reflected as soon as you publish to services. Make sure you refresh the browser after you get the "successfully published" message in desktop. 

Somethings that i personally do to view data quickly are: 

1. If my report/dashboard is open in services, go back to Workspace and re-open the report

2. If my report/dashboard is open in services, Refresh the browser there itself

3. If my report/dashboard is open in services, click on URL and press enter

4. If my workspace is currently open, refresh the workspace and open the report/dashboard

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

@Anand24  I do follow the same however for some reasons it takes some time to reflect the changes on service.

@ashok_yadav ,

I was going through some documentations and found the below link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#updates-to-report...

Its clearly stated here that it can take upto 2 hours for the dataset refresh changes to be reflected in the embed codes. 

Why embed codes require longer time to to reflect changes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#how-it-works-tech... 

@ashok_yadav ,

Just to clear, this report in services you are talking about is a Report published in workspace right?

If you are talking about a report running through "Publish to Web" link, it does usually take more time to reflect even if you refresh the browser.

@Anand24 makes a good point, definitely depends on how you are accessing it. So is that via an App, going to the report in a workspace? Publish to web? Some other embedding option? Like SharePoint embed, etc.?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ashok_yadav Where is the updated data not reflected? On a dashboard or a report?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler On a report

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors