cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How much delay is there to show the latest data after refresh on Power BI service

Hi Friends, I am facing an issue with one of my report on Power BI service. I refreshed the data on desktop and published the report on Power BI service however it took some time to reflect new data on service. Can you anyone help me understand if there is any latency there at all on service and any other scenarios related to this type of event.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

Re: How much delay is there to show the latest data after refresh on Power BI service

@ashok_yadav Where is the updated data not reflected? On a dashboard or a report?

---------------------------------------

Not link spamming! If I posted a link in reply it is because I did assume you know how to search the web but thought it was the fastest way to fix your issue.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: How much delay is there to show the latest data after refresh on Power BI service

Hi @ashok_yadav,

Usually the data is reflected as soon as you publish to services. Make sure you refresh the browser after you get the "successfully published" message in desktop. 

Somethings that i personally do to view data quickly are: 

1. If my report/dashboard is open in services, go back to Workspace and re-open the report

2. If my report/dashboard is open in services, Refresh the browser there itself

3. If my report/dashboard is open in services, click on URL and press enter

4. If my workspace is currently open, refresh the workspace and open the report/dashboard

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Greg_Deckler On a report

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Anand24  I do follow the same however for some reasons it takes some time to reflect the changes on service.

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@ashok_yadav ,

Just to clear, this report in services you are talking about is a Report published in workspace right?

If you are talking about a report running through "Publish to Web" link, it does usually take more time to reflect even if you refresh the browser.

Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

@Anand24 makes a good point, definitely depends on how you are accessing it. So is that via an App, going to the report in a workspace? Publish to web? Some other embedding option? Like SharePoint embed, etc.?

---------------------------------------

Not link spamming! If I posted a link in reply it is because I did assume you know how to search the web but thought it was the fastest way to fix your issue.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@ashok_yadav ,

I was going through some documentations and found the below link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#updates-to-report...

Its clearly stated here that it can take upto 2 hours for the dataset refresh changes to be reflected in the embed codes. 

Why embed codes require longer time to to reflect changes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#how-it-works-tech... 

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors