Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alesmarcioni
Frequent Visitor

😨😨 How is this possible? (Publish to Web)

Hello everybody,

I've a very simple question:

How is this possible? How can i make it?

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZTA5N2VkYWQtYmNiMS00YWFmLWEwZWQtOGY4MmExNTlmZjllIiwidCI6ImMyO...

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZTA5N2VkYWQtYmNiMS00YWFmLWEwZWQtOGY4MmExNTlmZjllIiwidCI6ImMyO...

I've the same need (passing parameters with GET function in the view mode in a published URL).

Thank you so much 🚀

Ale

4 REPLIES 4
KBO
MVP

Hi @alesmarcioni ,

so what do you like to do? To get the same informations like in the reports?

Than look at a page which had these informations and connect this source via web. Then you are able to extract the values from a website.

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

No maybe I was not so clear:

in the example i mentioned, the report (published via public URL as a view) is filtered by a parameter named 'Country' (take a look to the end of the URL).

I thought it was not possible, but now I hope to be wrong.

Please someone can tell me how the report I mentioned is filterable passing a parameter via GET?

It is a very big need 🤞🤞

Ales

Hi @alesmarcioni ,

There are a lot of threads to ask how to use parameters to filter data like this report. But no one can give an accurate answer.  Apparently, they don't use query string parameters in URL. Beacuse it is not supported to set them for the reports which is published to web.  And its syntax is not same as the ones of query string parameters. I think it may be created by JS or other codes by development.  Please try to connect them to learn more. 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If it were possible to find the creator of that report I would have already done so;

instead I think there is a way to use the parameters also in the URL view.
In the same way we can pass the parameter of the report page via GET (&pageName=***).
I don't want to give up because it's a solution that would help many users!

😥

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors