Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xbrenes
Frequent Visitor

How do you change the picture on a published app?

On the website it says "Select Workspaces, select the ellipsis (...) next to the name of the workspace, then Members"

I don't have a members option and can't change it in Office 360 either

9 REPLIES 9
erinn_mitchell
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello,

I figured out how to update the photo when your tenant does not have Exchange Online licenses and when you do not see the "Members" option. I know this is an older post but it popped up in my searching so posting this here in case it can benefit someone else in their searching.

Caption below each screenshot contains instructions:

Click "Files"Click "Files"

Click on gear and click "Site Information"Click on gear and click "Site Information"Click "Change" to update the photo. Note: when clicking save, I did not immediately see the photo change on this site. It took ~5 minutes to update here and in Power BIClick "Change" to update the photo. Note: when clicking save, I did not immediately see the photo change on this site. It took ~5 minutes to update here and in Power BI

In case the screenshots do not upload correctly, here are detailed written instructions:

1. Click on "Files" where the instructions tell you to click on Members. This opens up the SharePoint page associated with the Power BI Workspace where files can be stored. You should see the title of your workspace and the associated photo
  2. Click on the gear icon in the top righthand corner of the SharePoint page. Then, click on "Site Information"
  3. A pane slides up where you can udpate the site information. You should see the photo and click "Change" below it. 
  4. Once you select a photo and click Save, the picture did not update for me right away. It took about 5 minutes for it to show up on that SharePoint page as well as in Power BI

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@erinn_mitchell it works perfectly for me as well. Thank you so much!

@xbrenes , since this solution also worked for @hgarcia per the response, can you mark my earlier response as correct solution to help people find the answer more quickly in the future? Thanks!

@erinn_mitchell  Nice info, it worked like a charm for me. Thanks for the post

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @xbrenes,

As described in this article, to add an image to published App, you need an Exchange Online license. You could contact with your Office 365 administrator to assign exchange license to your account. Reference: Understanding the Power BI admin role

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@xbrenes What do you see next to the app workspace that you created and deployed the app from? Do you know the O365 license you currently hold? My initial thought is that it could be a license issue. (Not having Exchange)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Capture.JPG

I see no "members" option, and when I go to files, it takes me to O365  but there is no edit option (little pencil icon) on the app picture. Is it only possible to edit icon with 0365?

@xbrenes In order to have all the files, members etc those are O365 components, so "yes" you would need O365. I don't recall what level currently, or if there is a different way around it with out O365.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer, is there any reason that the functionality of changing picture of an App comes only with O365 license? Our company has decided to only purchase the Power BI Pro license, and not the full suite of O365. It doesn't quite make sense to limit this functionality to O365 users only, provided that we are planning to roll out the use of Power BI to the whole organization without full adoption of O365. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors