Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmcarthur
Frequent Visitor

How do I set up daily automatic emails for my power bi report in a csv format?

I have a power bi report that needs to be sent out daily in csv format in an email. I have not found a way in Power BI to allow for this, as its subscriptions option sends out only pdfs, pngs, or pptx format files. I need to find a way to get this report in a csv file and for this to be an automatic process so this won't have to be handled manually daily. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mmcarthur 

If you want to stick with Power BI and get the automated email like a subscription then you need to use Power BI paginated reports (Power BI report builder). There you have option to export to excel or csv and it can be scheduled.

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Yes, agree. Remember you need Premium or PPU to get paginated reports to work.

M

mariussve1
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

This will take some time and effort to setup if you dont have any experience with rest api and/or power automate / azure data factory (adf).

As far as I know there is no out of the box soulition, but you can use rest api and power automate or adf.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/export-to-file#fileformat

This can be triggered atomaticly every day or you can use other triggers.

Not sure if you can email the csv directly from this api, or du if you might need to store the csv file in ex onedrive/sharepoint before adding it as a attachment to mail, but this you need to investigate further.

Br

Marius

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors