Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get the current date on Power BI dashboard without refreshing it on service?

Hi,

Is it possible to get the current date and time on dashboard/report of power BI Service without requiring it get refreshed every minute.

I checked for Dax function NOW() and power query function too, but all of that shows stale data on service if data set not refreshed.

Looking for something real time and not stored, can anyone help on this.

Thanks 

Varshada

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Fowmy  @AbhiSSRS  for your response and suggestions.

I think I may have found a workaround for my requirement.Earlier ,I  tried with Calculated column for current date but since it stores the data in the Power BI memory, we always see stale data as of last refresh time.

Now , I tried with Calculated measure which dynamically calculates values (no storing calculation in cache), it worked !!

I do require to refresh the page, but that is still acceptable, better than refreshing entire dataset .So when the user lands on the dashboard he/she can view the latest time.

I have voted for the idea mentioned in your response-  https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=c6593d3a-f8d9-42cb-a970-cc356491095e

Thanks

Varshada

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Fowmy  @AbhiSSRS  for your response and suggestions.

I think I may have found a workaround for my requirement.Earlier ,I  tried with Calculated column for current date but since it stores the data in the Power BI memory, we always see stale data as of last refresh time.

Now , I tried with Calculated measure which dynamically calculates values (no storing calculation in cache), it worked !!

I do require to refresh the page, but that is still acceptable, better than refreshing entire dataset .So when the user lands on the dashboard he/she can view the latest time.

I have voted for the idea mentioned in your response-  https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=c6593d3a-f8d9-42cb-a970-cc356491095e

Thanks

Varshada

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The closest you can get is a clock as web-content on a dashboard with report .

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Currently it is not possible, please vote for this idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=c6593d3a-f8d9-42cb-a970-cc356491095e

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors