Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stewartm
Regular Visitor

How do I activate a Pro licence bought through MS Volume Licencing?

Hi

How do I activate Pro licences bought through MS Volume Licencing? We have claimed the tenant, but all the instructions for purchasing licences describe how to buy them online - not activate licences bought through a third party/volume purchasing.

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards

Stewart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@stewartm Can't say I'm extremely familar with the process, but it looks like you need to go through some sort of activation. Similiar to this: https://blog.cdw.com/data-center/activating-a-new-microsoft-office-365-volume-license-subscription

Sorry, I don't have a step-by-step

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@stewartm Pro licenses are applied via O365. Assign the Pro license to the users via the O365 admin portal.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for the reply. However I can’t see them listed in the O365 admin portal (but we have bought them and they are listed on the volume licensing site). Only the free licenses are listed.

I’m not sure if I have to activate them on the volume licensing site somehow, or how they get linked from there to our tenant on Power BI/O365 admin portal.

@stewartm Can't say I'm extremely familar with the process, but it looks like you need to go through some sort of activation. Similiar to this: https://blog.cdw.com/data-center/activating-a-new-microsoft-office-365-volume-license-subscription

Sorry, I don't have a step-by-step

That’s a very helpful link. Thanks very much, I’ll give it another try!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors