Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chandrarao
Frequent Visitor

How can we assign access to the BI team to view the PowerBi Admin portal option?

How can we assign access to the BI team to view the PowerBi Admin portal option? Currently only the O365 admin is able to view it. Need to give them this access to manage the settings for powerBi without exposing all settings in O365 to them.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Chandrarao It is currently available by running a PowerShell script. I'd pass this on to your O365 admin and have them add the new role. Details here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Chandrarao,

Recently, a Power BI admin role that is separate from global admin role has been introduced, as Eno1978 mentioned above. We no longer need to be a global admin to administrate Power BI, and Global Admins can assign this role to someone else within the company using a PowerShell command. And the UI for this will also be available soon.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Chandrarao,

Recently, a Power BI admin role that is separate from global admin role has been introduced, as Eno1978 mentioned above. We no longer need to be a global admin to administrate Power BI, and Global Admins can assign this role to someone else within the company using a PowerShell command. And the UI for this will also be available soon.Smiley Happy

Regards

@Chandrarao It is currently available by running a PowerShell script. I'd pass this on to your O365 admin and have them add the new role. Details here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors