Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jgutierrez
Helper I
Helper I

How can users use email subscriptions when reports come from a content pack?

Hi,

So looking at the numerous limitations of this feature here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-subscribe-to-report/

I was wondering what is the alternative to get report users these notifications? The current setup is via content pack. We develop everything in a different workspace, and users add the reports to their workspaces with the 'get data' from content pack and so on.

The documentation says "At the current time, subscribe is not available for dashboards or reports that come from content packs or Power BI apps. But there is a workaround...make a copy of the report/dashboard and add subscriptions to that version instead."

I'm not sure how to make this workaround work? I've tried making a copy of the report that comes via content pack, and then refreshing the dataset as admin, but no email still. 

Emails are working in general because I do receive the ones regarding refresh failures etc.

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@jgutierrez

After you make a copy of the report from content pack, did you add subscription on the report page? 

I haven't encountered your issue. The subscription works properly. 

23.PNG

s3.PNG

s1.PNG

Regards,

Hi @v-sihou-msft

I just tested and it still doesn't work.

What I did is copied report on my workspace, and then refreshed dataset as usual on the 'admin workspace' where we have the datasets. Still no email. Am I missing something?

Hi,

Any update about this?

@Simon_Hou-MSFT I was also wondering how did you get the data for this, was it via content pack? Could this influence the way subscriptions work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors