Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can users access Dashboards/Reports when signing in. (Not trolling)

Yes this might sounds weird, but new users when they sign into powerbi are getting lost as to WHERE ARE THE REPORTS?  I have attached a screenshot of what they see when they log in:   Right now they get stuck since technically they should be able to see the menu on the LEFT hand of the screen.  

What is weird is if you scroll your mouse over to that red circle call out on the screenshot, and click, the menu then appears.

Is this a bug? Or is this something on their local machines that is calling it?  I have made them try it on FireFox and IE and both still show no menu. 

PowerBI Lost Menu.png

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I have seen this as well, the new user sign-up experience when you share out a dashboard with them is, in all honestly, a tad bit horrific for exactly the reason you specify. I generally send them a direct link to the report/dashboard so they sign-up for it, close the window and click on the link I send them. Boo.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me though, it is just not when a user initially signs on, it is every time they are accessing powerbi.com, it directs them to that Get Data page.  When I sign in, it directs me to my main dashboard though...

As you stated, it just currently looks bad when I try to get a non-it person into the system and tell them to just click on this blank space on the upper left hand corner. It is like I am digging a hole before I even get to show them the awesome reports. 

Yeah, I believe it is because they are not seen as having any datasets so Power BI tries to be "helpful" and direct them to getting data, except that, generally, when software tries to be overly "helpful" it ends up not being helpful at all. Such is the case here.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

AAhhhh I bet you that is exactly what it is.  Right now they only have shared content packs.   I will have to see if adding a fake dataset will allow it for them to see the menu when they login. 

Cool, let me know!

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors