Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wgarn
Advocate II
Advocate II

How can I remove the numbers 4,5,6, etc. from the "Ask a question ..." field?

I have shared a dashboard with external colleagues (all using the professional PBI version). That means they received an email, clicked on the included link and saw the following page.

unwanted numbersunwanted numbers

There are numbers 4, 5, 6, ... that cover the "Ask a question about your data" field.

How can I remove these numbers?

Note that these numbers do not show in the dashboard view within Power BI Service App.

I have turned off the Q&A field in the settings, which improves the display slightly. However the numbers 4, 11, 18 and 25 are still visible in the background.

6 REPLIES 6
kennyeng
Frequent Visitor

If anyone else is experiencing the same problem, I've opened a support ticket. Power BI staff interested can look up ticket number: 

Will keep you posted.

Update: this is no longer an issue for new dashboards I create. Not sure what is happening but the support ticket has been closed.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wgarn,

Does all those recipients you shared dashboard with encountered this problem? 

Please open the shared dashboard under 'Shared with me' tab rather than from the email link to see whether issue persists. Also, use a different browser for a try. Please re-share your dashboard to check whether it can resolve this problem. 

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

YG:"Does all those recipients you shared dashboard with encountered this problem? " - all of them.

YG:"open the shared dashboard via 'Shared with me'"

"External's" Power BI Service >> All shared with me >> All shared >> You don't have any content shared with you.

Does the "sharing" feature work accross companies/organisations!? I think this might be another constraint (bug). I have many dashboards shared, and the "All shared" is always empty. It would be great to be able to share dashboards & workspaces across organisations/companies via the route you suggested. Is there any plan to do this (or am I doing something wrong)?

The way the dashobards were shared in the first place was:

"My" Power BI Service >> My Workspace >> Dashboards >> "myDashboard" >> Share >> Grant access to: email@external.org

(same if I use the dashboard ellipses, I am not aware of another way to share the dashboards).

Regarding Browser: I have tried Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer - all with the same result.

Many thanks Yuliana Gu for looking into this, Wolfgang

Hi @wgarn,

After research, I didn't find any solution to this problem. Maybe you could create a support ticket for further analysis.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm getting the same issue. Dashboards shared to another organisation get weird in the top left corner (see image below).

I see the same issue in IE and Chrome. And just like OP I don't see the shared dashboards in "Shared with me" tab.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors