Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get "Home" Preview feature ?

I see few images online with the new "Home (Preview)".

I checked my settings page, but there is no option for preview tab. 

How can I get the preview enabled? 

Should we reachout to Microsoft to get our tenent added or is it controled by our Admins? 

preview.pngSettings page.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Agreed. But you would have seen an announcement that they released it in preview, and there hasn't been one. (like the new workspace) I did double check my environment and there was nothing to enable from an admin perspective for the new Home Page. Hang tight, I'm sure it will be out soon.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous The information is out there because it was announced at the Business Applications Summit. However, they were announcing the roadmap through October, so there are features that have not yet been released. This is one of them.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer That is right, Home button might be releasing in Ocotober 2018 as they announced in Summit. 

But I think we can get them as a preview ahead of the time, like last year when they are chaging how workspaces open on the second blade.

At that time I started to use that feature atleaset 3 - 4 months before they are available generally by enabling the preivew on the setting in power bi service. 

I am trying to do the same now. But I am not sure if they are controled by Microsoft or our internal admin team. 

@Anonymous Agreed. But you would have seen an announcement that they released it in preview, and there hasn't been one. (like the new workspace) I did double check my environment and there was nothing to enable from an admin perspective for the new Home Page. Hang tight, I'm sure it will be out soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors