Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

How can I get one value and give the of him between the values of one table?

Hi my friends,

I have one excel table in my sharepoint drive, the problem that I'm facing is that I have one value called "Receita Bruta" this value need to be used to find what line he fits in the other table, he need to be compared between the values in this other table to give the right percentage result.

There's any way that I can do this?

Please, see the attached images below. This example the result would be 45%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

I solved my problem. I made one Column in excel checking what line is the one that I need to present in the dashboard.

IF(E(ResultadoInadimplencia[Inadimplência]>A2;ResultadoInadimplencia[Inadimplência]<B2);1;0)

1 is that is between the numbers.

0 is that is not between the numbers.

I used the PoweBI Service to build the Dashboard., NO SUCCESS with the Desktop and trust me, I tried SEVERAL TIMES AND SEVERAL OPTIONS. Microsoft should pay more attention on this, the Sharepoint option is useless in PBI Desktop at my experience so far.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

I solved my problem. I made one Column in excel checking what line is the one that I need to present in the dashboard.

IF(E(ResultadoInadimplencia[Inadimplência]>A2;ResultadoInadimplencia[Inadimplência]<B2);1;0)

1 is that is between the numbers.

0 is that is not between the numbers.

I used the PoweBI Service to build the Dashboard., NO SUCCESS with the Desktop and trust me, I tried SEVERAL TIMES AND SEVERAL OPTIONS. Microsoft should pay more attention on this, the Sharepoint option is useless in PBI Desktop at my experience so far.

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

Screen Shot 02-14-19 at 04.29 PM.PNGScreen Shot 02-14-19 at 04.30 PM 001.PNGScreen Shot 02-14-19 at 04.31 PM.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create a new column in the table that needs the new value and use a similar formula like below. Let me know if it worked!

Award = MINX(FILTER(Awards,Awards[initial] <= Sales[Revenue] && Awards[final] >= Sales[Revenue]),Awards[%award])

ans.png

Can I do this in the power bi service or only the desktop? Not sure if I can create a pbix file in desktop and connect to my excel file in sharepoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to do it in either of them. For Desktop, refer this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Import-Data-from-an-Excel-sheet-in-SharePoint/td-p/47223

Hmm, Can't find the option to create another column in the web service. Are u sure about that? I already tried several times, Maybe is better to create everything in the desktop, but I will only be ble to do that tomorrow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, try desktop. Power BI service doesn't support creating columns/measures or changing the data model.

I see that I can't download the pbix file that I've already made, will need start everything from the zero.

Will check if I can send the pbix file on desktop (who is connected with a sharepoint excel file) to the service.... Not sure if this is gonna work.

So, I have created a .pbix file, I tried to create the connection using the option "Sharepoing Folder", however, I've received an strange error regarding my data inside the file (Which prob is a bug, because in the PowerBI service it worked perfectly). In face of this, I've created sharepoints lists from my tables that are inside my excel file.

I already loaded the data and uploaded the pbix file to my service. The problem is even if I config my credentials properly, my report DON'T LOAD the data that I change in my excel file. It should be working, right?

So, I browsed in the internet and I saw that Sharepoint lists don't refresh when u change the data in the escel file.

In face of this, Sahrepoint lists is discarded.

My option would be the Sharepoint folder that existis in the PowerBI Desktop, however, gives me an error in every file that I try to load.

There's any way that I can create that formula in one field inside my excel file? With this, I can just export as a table in the powerbi service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your analysis!

Do you have the option of storing the excel file within OneDrive? That should help you with the Power BI connection issues for the time being. I am afraid I can't help you with Sharepoint Lists as I haven't had much experience with them.

Regardless, if you are after creating a column within Excel itself, you can refer to the simple Lookup formula. Here's an example:

ans2.png

I will try this now, will let u know if I got it 😉 thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors