Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eskyline
Resolver I
Resolver I

How are you handling getting users to specific reports within Apps without Favorites

Hi folks,

Our users are struggling with navigating to the reports they use every day within the wealth of reports we have published to the service. Our model is to publish "Apps" and there presently is no way to favorite individual reports within an App so Favorites are not working for this use case. Favoriting reports within the apps has been posted to the Ideas page (https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33131722-cannot-favorite-a-report...) but this doesn't look to be getting much traction.

How are you handling navigation to particular reports within apps in your organization?  We are considering going back to workspaces for this reason.  Any other ideas?

The new home page and its search is a step in the right direction and the “Recents” section would help but favorites are not really changed as we need.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi eskyline,

I'm afraid there's no built-in option like favorite whcih can guide you to specific report page quickly. All you do is to assign a specific content when publish or update your app.

power-bi-apps-content.png 

However, you can consider to use organizational content pack instead app in your senario because you can favorite your report in your workspace as you mentioned.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Jimmy,

Aren't organizational content packs going away at some point?  I'd be hesitant to go that route as it seems like Apps are the current direction.

Thanks for the input. 

Hi eskyline ,

I have sent a mail to power bi team about content pack. Actually you can still use content pack safely because power bi team hasn't released the date when content pack can't be used.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors