Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

calebsg
Frequent Visitor

How To Display on a TV?

We have several Smart TVs to use as dashboards on the walls of our office premises. 

Unfortunately, the dumb thing about most Smart TVs is that they have no native browser for general internet surfing, namely to the app.powerbi.com location.

Seems to me we need a PC for each TV or something similar that will allow us to pull up a browser and navigate to the Power BI website in order to display our dashboards.

I'm just wondering what others have found useful and cost-effective for displaying their KPIs on Smart TVs. Thanks!

ps. FWIW we have a Philips Smart TV and I'm looking for a solution that doesn't require cables running down the wall to the nearest desktop user...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mstefancik
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are using Intel compute stick for our Samsung TV in lobby.

View solution in original post

I think the Intel Stick might be the best solution for us as it doesn't require a (nearby) user to be logged in or a dedicated PC. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dimasua

If you have a Wi-Fi coverage in this area in the office, you can use a stand-alone Android touchscreen display, for instance from https://smartnmagic.com

You can install the Power BI Android app there and display any of your dashboards.

I guess they had 24" and 32" displays. 

mstefancik
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are using Intel compute stick for our Samsung TV in lobby.

I think the Intel Stick might be the best solution for us as it doesn't require a (nearby) user to be logged in or a dedicated PC. Thanks!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Surface Hub 🙂

A Nabi Big Tab 24 might get you there

If your TV supports wireless displays, you could do that (no wires that way). If not there are very inexpensive devices that will turn an HDMI port into a wireless display port.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors