Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mumair
Helper I
Helper I

How Do I Share a Report

I published a report to Power BI with multiple tabs. I would like to share that report with people in my group. However, there is no option to share this report. I don't want to pin 6 pages to a dashboard because that would be a mess.

I saw someone link to a report using a dashboard though. I want to be able to do that. How do I do that and ensure that everyone has access?

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mumair,

Aside from what @Seth_C_Bauer said, If you only want to share a report to others in your group. Open the report in Editing view, you will get a report URL. Just send the report page URL to your colleagues. As long as they have Power BI Pro licenses, are members of the same distribution group, they'll be able to open the report. More details, please review the article: Share dashboards and reports with colleagues and others.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@mumair All you  need to do is pin one visual from the report to a dashboard. Share the dashboard, the end users will be taken to the page that the visual came from, and be able to navigate to all the other report tabs within the report.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors