Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How Can Users Download The Entire Dataset For A Visualisation?

Hi,

I've created a visualisation, with filters, in Power BI Desktop and I have shared it with users on a report on Power BI Service. Users can view the report and they are happy with it. However, users have requested that they see the full datatest that makes up the visualisation. They can see the summary data table but they want to see the full dataset, and I want them to be able to see it.

Can anyone help me provide the full dataset to users? Your assistance is very much appreciated.

With a Pivot Table in Excel a user can double click on a value in a totals column and a new worksheet opens up with the releated data and all columns. This is they type of thing I'm looking for from Power BI Service. we do not have Report Server.

Thanks, Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

You can share the dataset with them, then they can Analyze it in Excel as below. 

image.png

If they need only the data included in the give visual they can click on the 3 dots and select export date ( in the service will give an option to export underlying data or summarized if you have not switched off underlying data export in your report ).

image.png

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

You can share the dataset with them, then they can Analyze it in Excel as below. 

image.png

If they need only the data included in the give visual they can click on the 3 dots and select export date ( in the service will give an option to export underlying data or summarized if you have not switched off underlying data export in your report ).

image.png

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors