Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mhambalek
Helper I
Helper I

Hourly Refresh?

I've installed an on-premise gateway for connecting PBI to Netsuite using ODBC.  Works great.  However, I'm only able to schedule the dataset refresh weekly or daily.  The drop-down only has those two options.  I thought with a Pro account I could schedule an hourly refresh?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @mhambalek

In the Dataset settings under Schedule Refresh, you have to click  on the Add another time as shown below.

Email Pic (1).png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @mhambalek

In the Dataset settings under Schedule Refresh, you have to click  on the Add another time as shown below.

Email Pic (1).png

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also be aware that you can only set up to 8 times.  So if your working day is only going to care about 8 refreshes spaced hourly, you are good to go.

More refreshes become available with Premium.

Thanks @GilbertQ and @Anonymous,

I have a Pro license and the dataset is scheduled under my account.  The other users of the dashboard/reports don't have to be Pro, right?  Or do they have to be Pro to do a manual refresh?

Also, when I click the Refresh button at the top of a report it doesn't confirm that the refresh has started.  Is that normal?  I see it in the refresh history as in process though.  I would expect a confirmation or something after clicking that button.

Hi there.

Yes all users who want to view the report or dashboard will require a Pro license.

Also when you click Refresh at the top of the report that only refreshes the cache for the report.

If you want to refresh the dataset you have to go into the dataset and click on Refresh Now. As well as having your dataset connected to a gateway

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors