Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Horizontal slicer display is buggy and inconsistent

Hi

I am having an issue with horizontal slicers in that the left/right arrows are not always visible.  Is there a way to specify the size of the boxes in the horizontal slicers to ensure that they are consistent and uniform?  Sometimes, textboxes do not stay within the 'box' either so the text is hidden from view, making it difficult to use.

This appears to happen more often when a report is published.  A year ago, this worked perfectly so I think this is something resulting from a change in the way horizontal slicers are presented in Power BI online.

Desktop works perfectly.

I have tried different browsers and this is a problem on all supported browsers.

The responsive mode option does not make a difference.

URL in question:  https://smarturl.it/citywideintelhub

Thank you

Si Chun Lam

On Desktop, the slicer displays properlyOn Desktop, the slicer displays properly

Consistent textboxes, with left-right arrow showing normally on app.powerbi.comConsistent textboxes, with left-right arrow showing normally on app.powerbi.comOn a published report, the arrows disappear and the textboxes resize itself.On a published report, the arrows disappear and the textboxes resize itself.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue whereas I only want to display 2 column by 1 row view. It works on other Power BI web / online workspaces fine but not a particular one we're using. The arrow / chevron isn't showing in the second screenshot. Was there a fix?

qbit717_0-1652319160470.png

qbit717_1-1652319204546.png

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description and snapshot, it seems like your slicer layout will been changed when you use 'publish to web' feature, right?

If this is a case, I think it should more related to azure service data loading and report layout optimization of 'publish to web' feature.

Current I haven't found any option to do customize on 'publish to web' reports, maybe you can try to modify original report and these changes will update and apply to published report.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

That's right. I think the publish to web implementation of the default slicer is buggy - and it seems to have been introduced in an update around March/April time, because it used to work properly.

I've replaced it with the chiclet slicer - https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380756?tab=Overview - and it seems to be far more reliable...

chiclet slicer seems far more reliable...chiclet slicer seems far more reliable...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors