Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Greg_Davurse
Helper I
Helper I

Horizontal Slicers Not Highlighting

Hi All, 

I ran into an issue today with my horizonal slicers in the PBI Service. Whenever I select one of my horizonal slicers, it should highlight black, indicating it is selected; however, it no longer does this and just puts a black line to the right of the selected slicer. 

Is anyone else seeing this? I've logged into multiple accounts and I've had the same issue on each one that uses horizontal slicers. 

horizontalSlicers.PNG

Thanks for the help!

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Greg_Davurse @shyap @ANAMM @Mardin @pbiconsultingmx,

This issue has already been reported to Power BI Team: CRI 37361402. The fix should be available this or next week. Currently, the workaround would be to disable the background color on the slicer items.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
JChunqui
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue since a few days ago.

There is a know issue which is on their support page https://www.fourmoo.com/power-bi-reports-showcase/power-bi-support-issues/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

erika105
Frequent Visitor

Same issue for my company as well.

Mardin
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Same here! Not being able to properly see the slicer selections is quite a problem! Any word from Microsoft yet?

I put in a support request last week Friday and they indicated they would try to fix the bug by next product update, which is usually at the beginning of each month, correct? 

It would be nice to have an official update from someone at Microsoft on here. We have a few customers holding off from going live with the product across their organization until this is fixed. 

This doesn't make sense to hold this fx until next update as it has greatly impact the user experience.  

@Greg_Davurse @shyap @ANAMM @Mardin @pbiconsultingmx,

This issue has already been reported to Power BI Team: CRI 37361402. The fix should be available this or next week. Currently, the workaround would be to disable the background color on the slicer items.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This issue is back again, should I open a new issue or it has been reported again to the PowerBI team?
Thanks a lot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same issue. Is Microsoft aware of this bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, one of our users reported the same issue. In Microsoft aware of the bug?

@atapia197 I have the same issue. I have created this post to gain visibility.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Service-update-has-broken-Custom-Tooltips-and/idi-p/...

Hopefully MS will fix this ASAP (aka roll back their breaking Service update)

Voted!!

Thanks @v-yuezhe-msft - workaround worked for me 🙂

@v-yuezhe-msft - thank you for your tip however the slicers I am using are without any background, just a default ones which have the issue now. Looking forward to the fix soon 🙂 Thank you

Hope this can get resolved ASAP. We have many dashboards in production with users unable to know what selection they have chosen. The workaround is not an option for us.

Thanks for the reply @v-yuezhe-msft ! Smiley Happy 

I'll keep an eye out for the fix. 

thanks @v-yuezhe-msft I did set the background color on my slicers to white and still the same issue they don't highlight at all when selected.

Any other workaround that you might think of?

ANAMM
Frequent Visitor

Same issue!

elvisquirino
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, since yesterday!

Same issue what is the ETA msft?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors