Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Greg_Davurse
Helper I
Helper I

Horizontal Slicers Not Highlighting

Hi All, 

I ran into an issue today with my horizonal slicers in the PBI Service. Whenever I select one of my horizonal slicers, it should highlight black, indicating it is selected; however, it no longer does this and just puts a black line to the right of the selected slicer. 

Is anyone else seeing this? I've logged into multiple accounts and I've had the same issue on each one that uses horizontal slicers. 

horizontalSlicers.PNG

Thanks for the help!

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Greg_Davurse @shyap @ANAMM @Mardin @pbiconsultingmx,

This issue has already been reported to Power BI Team: CRI 37361402. The fix should be available this or next week. Currently, the workaround would be to disable the background color on the slicer items.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
atapia197
Frequent Visitor

I have found the same problem, which gets worse when you select the last right option, because the black line can't be viewed and you don't know if it is active or not.

@atapia197 - Yes, you're correct, I have the same. Let's hope Microsoft Power BI Team noticed this thread/issue so someone is working on it Smiley Happy

....hopefully someone on the Microsoft Power BI Team will let us know they are aware of the issue and working on a solution??Smiley Wink

atapia197
Frequent Visitor

I have found the same problem, which gets worse when you select the last right option, because the black line can't be viewed and you don't know if it is active or not.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Yep same problem here.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Greg_Davurse @shyap @sylwestercz @samdthompson @JettMan

I am not able to reproduce your issue on my side. Would you mind sharing me your PBIX file so that I can test?
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft 
BUG Live demo from MS partner-showcase site!! (click on slicer to see wrong behavior)

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/ru-ru/partner-showcase/thorogood-trade-profitability-for-manufacturers...

err.png

@Tishchenko - Yes, exactly same behaviour, also on the regular slicers without a color where the selection should highlighted in black square but instead is showing a narrow black line on the right side of the selection.

Nice report by the way! Smiley Happy

Same issue here

shyap
Frequent Visitor

The same issue hit me when i demo the chart to customer. Hope microsoft solve this issue ASAP.

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Same issue here. Only found it during a user training session. Feeling a bit annoyed right now.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Same issue since yesterday/2 days ago. There is another thread about this problem here:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Slicer-is-not-highlighted-when-selected/m-p/175932#M24236

JettMan
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue, was working yesterday but not today. A co worker mentioned it to me yesterday that it wasnt working for them, but mine was working fine at the time? Now today, same issue for me...

synergised
Resolver II
Resolver II

Same issue...

service

slicerservice.png

SlicerDesktop.png

I am getting the same issue, whilst yesterday it was fine.

I am going to see if I can log an issue, as it is definitely in the Power BI Service, they must have made some change.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi There,

I'm wondering if this might be caused by a color override you've applied in the formatting settings of the slicer? The first step I would do is create a new slicer and apply each of the formatting steps you've incorporated into this one, and see if any of those cause the color change to stop happening.

Reid Havens - Owner

Havens Consulting Inc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors