Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

rme
Frequent Visitor

Histogram showing cummulated delays at each week

Hello

I'm a complete newbie looking for some help.

I'm trying to create a histogram that shows the no. of projects that are delayed. If a project is delayed by multiple weeks, it shall be counted/shown in each week of delay and not just a sum.

In below example I try to illustrate what I want to achieve. You will find the matching colors in the table and graph to show the effect that I want to achieve. (the yellow row with no delay shall not appear in the graph)

rme_0-1669747553252.png,      rme_1-1669747580222.png

I hope someone can help me with a DAX measure. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your efforts!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rme 

I've updated my original reply. I think this method is suitable for you. Please refer the attached pbix file.

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rme
Frequent Visitor

Dear Yadong Fang

Thank you very much for your support and the good solution.
Best regards
rme

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rme ,

This is my test table:

vyadongfmsft_3-1669855509144.png

Create a calendar table:

CalendarTable = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(DATE(2022,1,1),DATE(2023,12,31)),"Year_Week",YEAR([Date]) &"-"& WEEKNUM([Date],2))

vyadongfmsft_4-1669855542235.png

Create a measure:

Measure = 
var max_date = MAX('CalendarTable'[Date])
VAR delay_project = FILTER('Table','Table'[Planned] <= max_date && 'Table'[Forecasted]> max_date)
RETURN
COUNTROWS(delay_project)

The result you want:

vyadongfmsft_5-1669855579742.png

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Yadong Fang

Thank you very much for the fast response. Great!

I must admit, it really looks complicate for beginner like me. In the example I provided only 6 projects. In reality I need to track thousands of projects/orders. The list of projects ist dynamically growing. Therefore, I can't "hard-type" the project names in a DAX measure. Can you think of a solution for this?

I might be wrong, but could it become a problem if I have to create 3 new columns in the calendar table for each project, having severaI thousand projects?

Hope you can assist me further on my journey. 

Best regards

rme

Hi @rme 

I've updated my original reply. I think this method is suitable for you. Please refer the attached pbix file.

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors